Friday, October 26, 2018

Disney 2018--Summary

Here are some quick links to my trip report from Disney. Since it's been 2 months since our trip and I have fallen behind, I just did my report in bullet point form, with pics of each day at the end of the post. Sorry it's not fancier.


The number one thing that we did right on this trip and my biggest advice for going in the summer is to make table service reservations for lunch. This gave us a much needed break from the heat and made life so much easier for Eric and me. We would have been miserable trying to find a table big enough for our large family at a quick service restaurant at mid-day, ordering food, carrying trays, getting condiments, etc. I shudder at the thought of doing that with hungry, hot kids. When did it on our January trip, quick service was fine for lunch but in the heat, this decision was the best one we made.

Overall, our trip to Disney was so much fun. While having a baby at Disney and going in the late August heat isn't easy, it was our third trip so we didn't feel the need to see and do everything. On top of that, the kids weren't as interested in meeting most characters other than the ones we saw at meals, so we didn't have to waste time doing that. So, all of that combined in some ways made the trip a bit easier.

So what's next?! We have a big family trip coming up in January. Not telling where just yet because I don't want anyone to spoil it for the kids. It's a Christmas surprise, and I cannot wait. Just a hint: it will involve lots of pics of me in a lounge chair enjoying pina coladas and iced coffees. :)

1 comment: